Why so chic?
Why travel experts chose this hotel
Luxury spa escape
Hilltop location with panoramic views
Only when you book with Chic
The Macdonald Bath Spa enjoys a charming hillside setting in Bath, lying just 200 metres away from the city centre. The hotel is located within easy access of the main attractions that this beautiful English town has to offer.
This luxurious hotel enjoys an attractive architectural design, bathing guests in elegance and charm. The guest rooms are superbly designed, offering a cocoon of peace and serenity in which to completely unwind at the end of the day. The hotel features a seemingly boundless array of exemplary facilities and services, meeting the needs of even the most discerning traveller. The hotel is sure to impress, delivering the utmost in comfort, convenience and impeccable service.
Children up to age 14 can use the swimming pool, accompanied by an adult, during the hours of 08:00 -11:00 and 15:00 - 18:00. These times may vary during school holidays
The Vellore Restaurant
Once a ballroom, this majestic space houses the award-winning Vellore restaurant. Traditional and elegant in its décor it provides a great place to sample the fine dining on offer. With a canopied terrace, it is also possible to dine outside. A double AA Rosette winner, it offers traditional and contemporary English fare, with an emphasis on fine seasonal ingredients.
There is an extensive wine list to accompany the menu and service is of the utmost charm and elegance. Get dressed up and enjoy a feast, safe in the knowledge you only need to stumble back to your room.
With 131 elegant rooms, the hotel offers three categories of room and an additional three suite types. Some of the suites occupy a separate, recently refurbished wing, with their own private access through the courtyard garden. Suites also offer four poster beds and roll top baths for extra luxury. All rooms are airy and spacious with generous Georgian proportions.
The en suite marble bathrooms come supplied with complimentary Elemis toiletries. Flat screen satellite televisions are installed in each room. Many of the rooms enjoy wonderful views over Bath whilst others have stunning garden views. The hotel offers a range of accessible rooms and family rooms.
- The luxury spa retreat is one of the finest in Bath. With its outdoor hydrotherapy pool, you can enjoy the restorative waters whatever the weather. The thermal suite offers a heat and ice journey through a sauna, a steam bath and a cold plunge pool. The outdoor hot tub and double candlelit treatment rooms offer you the chance to escape the stresses of modern life together.
- The spa offers luxury Elemis treatments in expert hands, using the finest cutting-edge techniques. Individual, personalised treatments are available to help you feel truly pampered.
- The hotel offers spa treatments for two so you can indulge together with a partner or friend and experience the height of luxury whilst being taken away from it all. The spa centre is truly one of complete wellness and the hotel has partnered with Jenny Young – Beauty Despite Cancer, to offer tailor made treatments to those who are living with or recovering from cancer. Elemis treatments can be swapped for Jennifer Young treatments to aid your recovery. A relaxing sanctuary where you can unwind with family or friends and get the ultimate pampering sessions to restore body, mind and soul.
- The hotel also offers a wide range of activities to take in the beautiful Somerset countryside. Walking tours, hiking tours, cycling and horse riding can all be arranged to keep active in these wonderful surroundings.
- Guide & service dogs are welcome and stay for free. Pet dogs are welcome at an additional charge and rooms will be allocated on the ground floor.
Parking is available for residents and non residents, price on request.
Places of Interest
- Pulteney Bridge - 11 min walk
- Bath Abbey - 14 min walk
- Parade Gardens - 15 min walk
- Roman Baths - 16 min walk
- Bath Assembly Rooms - 10 min drive