Why so chic?
Why travel experts chose this hotel
Established in 1124
Winemaking for 300 years
Only when you book with Chic
Soak up a bit of history at Castello di Gabbiano, a luxury B&B in a historic castle and countryside setting. Established in 1124 this magnificent castle and winery is surrounded by vineyards which, for three hundred years, have been producing a mouth-watering Chianti Classico.
Surrounded by more than 100 hectares of vines, olive groves, and woods, this Chic Retreat lies between Florence and Siena, making it a perfect base for discovering Tuscany and its wonderful wines.
“Il Cavaliere”, Castello di Gabbiano's restaurant can be found in an original 16th- century farmhouse on top of the hill, overlooking the property. A convivial atmosphere and attentive service are the perfect backdrops to the mouth-watering Tuscan dishes prepared with passion by chef Francesco Berardinelli. Founder of the famous Il Beccofino restaurant in Florence and having travelled the world as Executive Chef and Consultant, he became Chef at Castello di Gabbiano in 2014 and has been wowing guests ever since.
It is not a luxury boutique hotel but the 11 B&B rooms at Castello di Gabbiano are charming and very homely, you can even stay in the ancient tower.
Discover the journey from grape to bottle with a guided visit of the vineyards and ancient wine cellars. Learn about the various techniques used to make this exceptional Chianti Classico which has been produced on the estate since the 14th-century. They produce olive oil too which is almost as good as their wine and their vinegar totally unique.
It's a privilege to be able to take part in a cooking lesson hosted by Francesco Berardinelli and if you love your food then this is something not to be missed.
How to get there
By car from A1 exit Firenze Impruneta
- At the exit of Highway A1, keep to your right and take the Superstrada (Semi-highway)
- Take the first exit – Impruneta
- Follow the signs to Greve until Falciani
- Turn left into the village of Falciani and follow the direction to Greve
- After about 3 km you’ll pass the village Ferrone keep on going straight in direction Greve
- After 3 km you’ll see a building on your left where they sell land machines and you’ll see the winery Castell Grevepesa
- Turn right in direction San Casciano
- After about 600 m you’ll find the entrance of Castello di Gabbiano on your left
- You’ll have to drive up all the way to the castle
- Florence airport is about 40 minutes away (38km)
- Pisa airport is 1 hour 15 minutes away (82km)
Free parking is available.