Back to nature experience
Room upgrade (subject to availability)
Early check-in/ late check-out (subject to availability)
Stay for a minimum of 2 nights between 1st November 2017- 28th February 2018 and save 20%.
This offer excludes some peak dates.
Just a 45 minute boat ride from the mainland of Malaysia, the island of Tioman is home to Japamala, a luxury eco-chic collection of wooden houses, beachside villas and hillside 'sarangs' or nests.
This boutique hotel and spa was built with very little disruption to the surrounding nature and wildlife; no trees were cut down and no rocks were moved resulting in unique villas and rooms which all have a rustic chic design.
Honeymooners and couples can relax, unwind and be pampered as the hospitality at Japamala is some of the best you will find; drinks & snacks are brought to you at sunset, your personal pick of aromatherapy oils are used for your turn-down and you can choose to dine wherever you like.
You won't go hungry at Japamala as there are 3 restaurants to choose from, each in a unique setting.
Tamarind Tioman opens onto the rainforest with the beach just a few metres away and stone Buddha statues set the theme for this Asian dining experience. Thai, Malay and Indo-Chinese dishes are prepared using the freshest local ingredients for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, but don't worry if Asian food isn't your thing then there are international options too.
Foodies will love Il Tempio, the latest addition, where hearty Italian dishes and wines are served. Mandi-Mandi is built on stilts above the sea, 100m from the beach. This open air restaurant has an international menu with an Italian twist and is where to come in the evening if you enjoy made to order BBQs.
The overhung pavilions here are a real sun trap and drinks are served all day long.
spa treatment room
Kampung Lanting, Pulau Tioman 86800, Pahang, Malaysia
The dry season in Tioman extends from late February to mid November. The East Coast rainy season is between November and February when the rains are punctuated by intermittent sunshine. Temperatures year-round range from 21°C to 35°C (70°F to 90°F). Water temperatures are always a very pleasant 25°C to 28°C.
Japamala Resorts offers travel by land transfer between Kuala Lumpur and Mersing before boarding JAPAMALA's private speedboat for a 45-minute crossing to Tioman Island. Departing Kuala Lumpur after breakfast, enjoy a mid-morning coffee stop on the way to Mersing and on your return journey, there is an opportunity to break for a scenic picnic with a wine and cheese basket as well as a stop in the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Melaka for a dose of history and heritage.
In addition to the KL - Mersing route, Japamala also offers land transfers between Singapore and Mersing, with the option of stopping at the brand factory outlets in Johor for a spot of shopping before re-entering Singapore on the return journey. Private car transfers for both Kuala Lumpur and Singapore routes to Mersing are available. A maximum of 2 couples in a land transfer. Due to limited seats available, please make your bookings at least 3 business days in advance to avoid disappointment.
The nearest airport is Tekek Airport, a 40-minute boat ride.
15% is taken at the time of booking. The remaining 85% is taken 30 days prior arrival.
If a cancellation is made within 30 days of the arival date, 100% of the total price will be charged.
Check-in time: 14:00
Check-out time: 12:00
Early check-in: yes, subject to availability
Late check-out: yes, subject to availability
Child Policy (Age 12-17) :
Only children over 12 years old are accepted.
In the interests of safety and quiet enjoyment, parents of young children should take note that due to the location, design as well as the profile of Guests, a higher than normal level of supervision is necessary for enthusiastic and adventurous children at any Samadhi Retreats properties.
No pets allowed. Fee is $0
Smoking is strictly prohibited in all rooms. Guests are permitted to smoke on the balconies and in the outdoor living spaces of their rooms. Guests are requested to exercise caution whilst smoking due to the danger and risk of fire. Should a Guest smoke in a room, a Cleaning fee of RM 500 shall be debited to the Guests account in order to cover the necessary cleaning costs.
Each hotel selected for its unique charm by Lulu the founder.
Special benefits only guests booking through Chic Retreats obtain.
If you find your stay cheaper elsewhere we will give you £50 towards your next stay with us.