Pampering wellness spa
Tranquil location in the heart of nature
Bottle of cava
Fresh fruit platter
Early check-in / out (subject to availability)
Nestled amongst the dramatic mountain ranges just a short drive from the Costa del Sol, DDG Retreat is perfect for those looking for a secluded, intimate getaway. Set within a four-hectare private estate of beautiful woodland and exotic gardens, DDG Retreat offers a peaceful sanctuary that fully immerses you in the natural landscape.
Every detail has been thought of, from the selection of sumptuous pillows ensuring a good night’s sleep to the scents of lemongrass and frangipani specially prepared for your arrival. A heated infinity pool and a pampering spa
This Chic Retreat is perfect for an adult-only getaway, although children over the age of 14 may be accepted by prior arrangement.
We wanted to create a unique concept which cannot be found anywhere else in Europe. It's a real labour of love - from the overall design to the interiors and the landscape gardening, and even to parts of the construction process, we built the Retreat by ourselves, inch by inch. Many of our guests are coming to us specifically for honeymoons, anniversaries, or just a romantic getaway
- Daria Dubinina, Owner
Read Daria's full story here >
DDG Retreat’s spa is tucked away in the tropical garden, and offers a range of massages and treatments, including aromatherapy, hot-stone massage and reflexology. There is an indulgent Hammam, as well as a fully-equipped gym for those that want to keep up their fitness regime. During sultry summer days, lounge by the infinity pool and drink in stunning views of the surrounding countryside.
The hotel is perched above the picturesque town of Casares, one of Andalusia’s famous pueblos blancos. Meander along the narrow streets lined with sparkling white houses, or clamber up to the 12th-century Moorish fort to enjoy spectacular views of the mountains and valleys. The gorgeous beaches of the Costa del Sol are a short drive away, as well as many of the regions’ largest towns.
For a romantic treat, feast on a delicious sharing platter on your own private terrace and then enjoy a glass of something bubbly in your own private hot tub or plunge pool while watching the sun go down. If you fancy eating out, there are a number of excellent restaurants within a half hour drive of the retreat.
spa treatment room
Albarada la Pavusena, Casa Daria s/n, Casares 29690, Spain
Carlos III Fountain 21 minute walk
Ermita de la Vera Cruz 25 minute walk
Finca Cortesin Golf Club 7.1 miles
Estepona Beach 14.1 miles
To best explore the Costa del Sol, we recommend hiring a car
Estepona towncentre is a 30-minute drive from the hotel (16km)
From the airport, take the highway (this is a toll road). You will come to a roundabout when you drive out of the airport. Go round it and stick to the right side. Look for the exit on the right hand side that says Algeciras or Algeciras/Cadiz. Take this turn, then keep following the same signs (2 more right turns). After a few kilometers, the road forks into the free road (right hand side) and highway (left hand side).
If you take the highway you will see a sign with a blue circle that says Peaje(Toll). You will pass signs for Marbella, San Pedro and Estepona east, then a sign for Poligono Industriales. Take turn 153, then follow this road until the roundabout. Go round it and after the 3rd right on the roundabout please follow the sign to Casares, which will be after 13 km. The sea will now be on your left hand side. You will pass the hotel Elba, then on the right hand side by the roundabout you will see a sign for Casares. Take this turn and come off the main road. Keep driving towards the mountains (about 10-15 min drive). You will pass the Finca Cortesin Hotel on your right side, then just before you get to Casares itself on your right side you will see a sign that says Apartamentos Puerto de la Cruz; please turn here and stop by the large parking space there.
Nearest Airport: Gibraltar / Malaga Distance from Airport: 35-40 minutes / 1 hour
15% deposit will be taken at the time of booking.The remaining 85% is to be paid 8 weeks prior to arrival.
If you would like to spend more time with us, we would love to offer you
To enjoy this offer, please contact us before your booking or inform staff at
Check-in time: 14:00
Check-out time: 12:00
Early check-in: yes, subject to availability
Late check-out: yes, subject to availability
No pets allowed. Fee is $0
Each hotel specially selected for its unique charm
Special benefits only guests booking through Chic Retreats obtain.
If you find your stay cheaper elsewhere we will give you £50 towards your next stay with us.
Please ask for details about our airport transfer service