Quinta da Palmeira is a beautifully restored 19th-century farmhouse, now boutique hotel, with 13 rooms and suites and a spacious apartment for 4 people. Located between Cerdeira and Portela da Cerdeira, this typical Portuguese country house in Cerdeira offers scenic views of the surrounding valley and the Açor Mountains and is very much in a world of its own. The rooms and the apartment at Quinta da Palmeira have been beautifully designed and decorated, each with a unique colour palette and sumptuous fabrics. Surrounded by orange and olive groves, close to the historic village of Piódão, this little gem has a restaurant, swimming pool, outdoor jacuzzi, private parking and free Internet access.
Quinta da Palmeira has a lovely outdoor pool which is surrounded by colourful orange and olive trees. Guests can relax in the public lounge area, or read a book in the adjoining reading room. There are plenty of things to do and see in the nearby area:
- Visits to the waterfalls in the ´Fraga da Pena` protected landscape
- Walks in the ´Mata da Magaraça` protected landscape area (350 hectares)
- Visit ´Piódão`, one of the prettiest historic villages in Portugal, in schist,
- Walks in the ´Açor Mountains`. You can also go mountain biking, canoeing, go on water and 4x4 trips and go rock climbing
- Swimming, enjoying the sun and relaxing on one of the river ´Alvas` beaches
- Visit the highest point (1349 m) of the Açor Mountains, S. Pedro do Açor
- Horse riding through villages, woods and along the banks of the river ´Alva`
- Go kayaking on the river ´Alva`
- Visit local markets
Or as many people do just do nothing .during your stay at Quinta da Palmeira.
Quinta da Palmeiras exclusive gourmet restaurant serves a daily surprise menu with international and traditional Portuguese dishes in an intimate setting. The wine lodge offers a selection of regional wines.