Why so chic?
Why travel experts chose this hotel
Located on a quiet, residential street
A short stroll from Paddington Station
Hyde Park on your doorstep
Only when you book with Chic
Occupying a corner plot on a quiet, residential street the hotel offers a peaceful, comfortable and stylish stay. Situated just a few minutes' walk from Hyde Park it offers a fine escape from the busy streets of London, whilst having easy access to it all.
This recently refurbished hotel has a lavish entrance with marble lobby and ornate gold fittings. The glamourous look continues in its chandeliers and rich décor. The Rooms have been updated and refreshed and offer a luxurious stay. The hotel has a traditional exterior with a more modern feel inside. Contemporary flourishes give it a warm and welcoming atmosphere.
At the Terrace Bar and Restaurant you will be treated to top class dishes and fabulous cocktails in wonderfully relaxed surroundings. If you feel the need to burn off the calories the hotel has its own fitness centre, whose use is complimentary to hotel guests. The fitness centre offers state of the art equipment and personal training.
The Blakemore has a fine range of facilities and offers a comfortable stay in a central but quiet location.
- The Terrace Restaurant
- The Terrace Restaurant uses fresh, seasonal produce to create a menu of modern English cuisine. The restaurant provides a stylish but pleasantly laidback setting to enjoy the culinary delights. Creative twists and touches are added to traditional British favourites, to enhance flavours and give dishes a contemporary feel. The restaurant also serves some international favourites such as Nasi Goreng and Spaghetti Bolognaise to ensure all tastes are catered for.
- The Terrace Bar
- The bar welcomes you with a drinks menu that offers speciality cocktails together with a wide range of spirits and wines. There are daily specials which are inspired by the seasons so there is always something new for your palette to sample. The homemade lemonade is also worthy of note, especially on a hot day after a stroll around Hyde Park, or maybe a Pimm's cocktail is more to your liking. The alfresco terrace provides a perfect spot for a light bite or just a relaxing drink on a fine day.
- Afternoon Tea
- The hotel offers a quintessentially English Afternoon Tea. On a fine day treat yourself to one on the terrace so you can enjoy the leafy surroundings. It is a traditional tea comprising of sandwiches, warm scones with clotted cream and jam, followed by a selection of homemade sweet pastry treats. If you really want to indulge, upgrade with a glass or two of champagne and while away the day in this lovely setting.
- The hotel offers 139 rooms arranged over six floors with several different room types to choose from. It has rooms for single travellers and families alike, from club rooms to suites. All rooms have been recently refurbished and offer a modern feel with brown and cream colour palettes with contemporary wooden headboards and décor. The newly fitted en-suite bathrooms have rain showers, LED lighting and custom-made Blakemore toiletries. All rooms are equipped with a 26 inch LCD television so you won’t miss out on your favourite shows whilst relaxing in these comfortable spaces.
The well equipped fitness centre offers a great space in which to work out. No matter the body part you need to tone or strengthen, a fully qualified personal trainer is on hand to advise. For the more adventurous, or should that be foolhardy, the trainer can create a personalised plan to really put you through your paces.
With wonderful Hyde Park on your doorstep why not get outside and ask for one of the running routes that goes through it.
Alternatively go for a leisurely stroll around the park and although you are in the centre of London you will feel a million miles away. Have a gentle row around the Serpentine, feed the ducks or just take in an exhibition at The Serpentine Gallery and let the world just slip away.
No pets allowed.
No on site parking facilities.
Places of Interest
Hyde Park - 10 Minutes walk
Kensington Palace - 14 Minutes walk
- Marble Arch - 7 Minutes drive
- Oxford Street - 8 Minutes drive
- Natural History Museum - 12 Minutes drive