Chic Lifestyle Limited, trading as Chic Retreats™ with website www.chicretreats.com , respects your right to the privacy of the personal information you provide us on our website. Chic Retreats takes your privacy very seriously, and complies with UK data protection law. Unless you specify otherwise or we state otherwise in this policy or at the time information is collected, any personal information you provide to Chic Retreats will not be divulged to third parties without your permission unless where required by law. However, we may make use of your personal details in the following ways:
1. We collect basic technical information about visitors to our site, in particular the gateway from which they have accessed the site and the pages they are looking at. We may group this data in a way which can be shared with third parties, but we will not disclose your identity or personally identifiable information about you without your permission.
4. When making a hotel request through the Chic Retreats website your name and contact details may be shared with the property you have requested and with our reservations department to enable them to deal with your request.
5. PLEASE NOTE: We do NOT store any credit card details at any time during the payment process. All payment details are entered into our secure payment provider site through a frame on our site.
Other personal information
The only personal information we may make public about you is that which you choose to submit when you contribute material to us. This is given on a voluntary basis purely as a way to let others know a little bit about the source of the material, but will not include your email address nor any other contact details except where you have given us your permission.
The information, documentation and data ("Information") contained in this site has been prepared solely for the purpose of providing information about Chic Retreats and the services that it offers. We try to ensure that information contained on the site is accurate and up to date. However you should always verify the information before relying on it and we do not warrant or give any representations as to its accuracy.
Chic Retreats shall not be liable for any loss which may arise from the use of the Information. Chic Retreats shall not be liable for any disappointment, dissatisfaction, loss, damage, expense or inconvenience suffered by any Chic Retreats client at any hotel represented on the site. Chic Retreats cannot accept responsibility where a hotel discontinues offers. Benefits and/or discounts are valid once per booking made and hotels are only obliged to fulfil these benefits but only on presentation of a valid Chic Retreats membership card.
The Site is an advertising platform for boutique hotels, luxury b&bs and villas. Where we are invovled in the booking process we act only as an agent for the property.
All content, including but not limited to trademarks and taglines identifying us or our affiliates, graphics, images, content, button icons, and service names are solely our property, that of our operating companies, or others. All content on this Site is protected by national and international copyright laws and treaties. Nothing on this Site should be construed as granting a licence or right to use any trademark displayed on this Site, without the written permission of the trademark owner.
Other than browsing and using the Site for its intended purpose, you may not in any way duplicate, distribute, modify, remove, delete, add to, publish, transmit, or in any way exploit any of the content of this Site, in part or in whole, except when expressly authorised in writing by us.
You may not use our logo for any purpose whatsoever, unless the intended use of the logo is to promote the services of this Site or approved by us in writing.
We reserve the right to seek all remedies available at law, in equity or under international copyright laws for violations of these Legal Terms, including the right to block access from a particular internet address to the Site.
If you wish to link to our Site for commercial purposes, please feel free to do so. We may consider linking back if we like your services or if they compliment ours.
Limitation of liability
The Site is provided on an 'as is' and 'as available' basis. Chic Retreats makes no representations or warranties, and hereby excludes all warranties, express or implied, as to the quality, accuracy, feasibility or credibility of the content of the Site, the services available on or through the Site, or of any goods offered on the Site. Moreover Chic Retreats accepts no liability for any virus or any other type of electronic infection that may be transferred through the Site. Under no circumstance will we be liable for any loss or damage caused by a user's reliance on information obtained through this Site.
You agree as the user that the use of, or reliance upon, any of the content of the Site, and in particular any content recommending any hotel, product or service, is done entirely at your risk. Please see our Booking Terms and Conditions in respect of hotel bookings made through Chic Retreats.
1. The following provisions set out Chic Retreats 's entire liability (including any liability for the acts and omissions of its employees and agents) to you in respect of:
2. Any act or omission on the part of Chic Retreats falling within clause 1 above shall for the purposes of this section be known as an "Event of Default".
3. Chic Retreats 's liability to you for death or injury resulting from its own or that of its employees' negligence shall not be limited.
5. Subject to clause 3 above Chic Retreats shall not be liable to you in respect of any Event of Default for:
5.1. loss of profits, business, contracts, revenues, anticipated savings or goodwill; or
5.2. any type of special indirect or consequential loss (including loss or damage suffered by you as a result of an action brought by a third party) even if such loss was reasonably foreseeable or Chic Retreats had been advised of the possibility of you incurring the same;
5.3. for any increased costs or expenses.
6. Moreover Chic Retreats accepts no liability for any virus or any other type of electronic infection that may be transferred through the Site.
8. Nothing in this section shall confer any right or remedy upon you to which it would not otherwise be legally entitled.
9.1. loss of profits, business, contracts, revenues, anticipated savings or goodwill; or
9.2. any type of special indirect or consequential loss suffered by a third party even if such loss was reasonably foreseeable.
10. Chic Retreats indicates "from" rates on the website. These are only inidcative prices and not final prices. The customer can request rates and availability by completing the request form for each hotel. The hotel is responsible for using the request manager to provide the latest rates and availability to the customer. Chic Retreats accepts no responsibility for the rates and availability provided by the hotel and is merely a conduit of the information. By using the Chic Retreats service you accept and understand that Chic Retreats only relays messages provided by the hotel and does not warrant or ensure that the pricing is correct.
11. Prices and availability provided by the hotel are subject to change at any time because the request system that Chic Retreats employs is an asynchronous system. Chic Retreats does not warrant the the offers made by the hotels are still available at the time the customer decides they want to book the room. Once the customer indicates interest in booking the room at the price suggested, then Chic Retreats works with the hotel to secure the booking.
Chic Retreats may contain links to other websites on the internet. We cannot control and are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of such other websites, and accept no liability for their content or fitness for use.
Chic Retreats does not assume any responsibility for failures or technical defects which occur due to events outside of its control.
We use either TNT Express or Royal Mail to deliver our books. We are dependent on their delivery timeframes but typically all deliveries are done within one month of payment.
We, our customers and members must abide to the specific cancellation policies of each individual property. We will always make the Property's Cancellation Policy clear and will request that you review this policy on our website as part of the booking process. In some instances we may charge a cancellation fee. Cancellation Fees will be charged at our own discretion.
If you have any further questions or concerns about these pages, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to our registered address at 2nd Floor, One Alfred Place, London WC1E 7EB UNITED KINGDOM