Aiola - Tuscany, Italy
About this Chic Retreat
Villa Aiola is a beautiful luxury villa and restored country house that is part of a 1700-acre estate located in the Val d'Orcia region in southern Tuscany. This is one of the most unspoilt areas of Tuscany on the borders of Umbria, the green heart of Italy. The sweeping views of Monte Amiata are breathtaking and the surrounding landscape has remained unchanged through the centuries. This chic retreat sleeps up to 11 people and is perfect for those looking for a very private hideaway in one of the most beautiful parts of Tuscany. Aiola has all the amenities you would expect from a luxury villa including washer, dryer, ironing facilities, fax, satellite TV, wireless internet connection and window screens.
On the ground floor of Aiola there is 1 spacious twin/queen bedroom with private bathroom and another queen bedroom with large private bathroom. Both bedrooms have separate garden entrances. On the first floor there is 1 master queen suite with private bathroom, a private suite with 1 twin bedroom, TV room and private bathroom with shower and a further twin bedroom and 1 full bedroom which share a bathroom with shower. There is also an additional guest bathroom.
Guests can enjoy the scenery on walks and bike rides through the Aiola's private paths and surrounding countryside. Enjoy visits to the nearby Montepulciano, Montalcino (do buy some Rosso di Montalcino, Brunello di Montalcino and local Pecorino cheese), and Cetona. Close by is San Casciano dei Bagni which has an old Roman spa offering therapeutic thermal spring waters and beauty treatments. Pienza is a charming hilltop town and worth a visit - its beauty was used as the backdrop to Franco Zeffirelli’s masterpiece: “Romeo and Juliet.” A little further afield in Umbria is the charming town of Orvieto. ”On warmer days there is nothing better than simply relaxing by the pool. The villa also has a Billiard table and gambling table to keep the men amused!
Enjoy authentic local cuisine at home in the villa prepared by a Tuscan cook who has mastered the traditional culinary skills of the region. The private pergola is ideal for al fresco dining during the summer months.
Rates at Aiola are per villa per week;
- Electricity, water, and final cleaning included
- Heating not included (€100 per day, depending on usage)
- Morning housekeeping service for 4 hours per day included
- Staff to cook and serve lunch/dinner, on request €15 per hour paid locally
- Gardener and pool maintenance service included
- Telephone charges extra
- Babysitting service, on request: €15 per hour
- Laundry (washer and dryer) and ironing facilities on the premises at disposal of the guests
- Personal laundry and ironing service, on request: €10 per hour
- Food allowance: €1,000 paid with final balance
- Security deposit: €2,500 to be held at the agency
* Rates in EUR
Booking Procedures & Payments: Bookings are considered valid upon receipt within 5 (five) working days of NON-refundable deposit of 50% of the total amount; Only after receiving the initial deposit will you be sent the Confirmation Invoice. The final balance must be paid sixty days prior to arrival. If booking is made within 60 days prior the rental date the entire contract price is due at time of booking.
- The 50% initial deposit is NON refundable.
- A 75% cancellation policy of the net rate applies on reservations cancelled 45 -31 days prior to the scheduled arrival date.
- 100% cancellation policy of the net rate applies on reservations cancelled 30 days or less prior to the scheduled arrival date.
- Nearest airport: Florence or Rome
- Distance from nearest airport: 1.5 hours or 2 hours
Chic Houses & Luxury Villas
Good for:a holiday in a restored country house on a 1700-acre estate in Tuscany
Facilites:babysitting, car parking, gardens, swimming pool, WiFi/Internet, child friendly
- North America
- Central America & Caribbean
- Asia & The Middle East
- new Chic Retreats
- special offers
Chic Search Autocomplete
Join Chic Retreats today and receive an annual membership card giving you preferential rates and benefits at all of our boutique hotels, B&Bs and luxury villas. Membership includes the Chic Retreats book which includes over 250 pages of small luxury hotels and little hidden gems from all over the world.
For just GBP 20 a year (plus postage) the Chic Retreats membership will ensure you are treated as an individual not just a room number wherever you go.
Chic Retreats Newsletter
Sign up to the monthly Chic Retreats newsletter to be the first to hear about new boutique hotel openings, special offers and Lulu’s essential tips.