Casa Howard was established in 2000 with the opening of 5 rooms in Rome. In 2004 the second Casa Howard opened in Florence with 11 rooms and 2 suites. The newest chic guest house (not a boutique hotel) continues the formula of location, privacy, personal service, high comfort and excellent value in the heart of Florence.
A real Turkish bath, a library and a winter garden all contribute to ensure a comfortable stay for the most demanding guests. There is a room suitable for smokers, another for guests with small dogs and also one for families which is sound proofed and has a Walt Disney video library and a special wall for the children to climb.
Florence is full of wonderful shops and restaurants most of which are within easy walking distance of Casa Howard.
Casa Howard Florence is on three floors of a magnificent Palazzo, close to the train station and Piazza Santa Maria Novella and in an elegant area of the city. The famous 'Officina de Profumi di Santa Maria Novella' is nearby and provides the guest house with it's world famous toiletries. Many of the rooms have working fireplaces, some have private terraces and it is possible combine some of the rooms to create a large private suite.
How to get there?
On the A1 motorway (Milan>Rome or vice versa): exit at Firenze Sud if coming from Rome, exit at Firenze Nord if coming from the North of Italy
1) Look for signs indicating the ‘centro’ and S.M.Novella train station (they are everywhere) whether arriving either from Firenze Sud or from Firenze Nord (or from Firenze Certosa if coming from West Tuscany)
2) You’ll find yourself on the VIALI (a long internal ring road around the inner town, starting from the Arno river and going back round): proceed into the traffic restricted area which will lead to S.M.Novella train station Square (Piazza)
3) If the train station is to your left, continue past it and follow the stream of traffic back around the roundabout, down Piazza della Stazione road so that you pass the station (now on your right) and follow the road as it bears left by Bar Diana into a very short road. At the traffic lights you can't go straight; you can only turn left or right. TURN LEFT. This is Via della Scala and the restricted area starts here.
4) If the train station is to your right, drive past it and follow the stream of traffic ahead down the Piazza della Stazione road as it bears left by Bar Diana into a very short road. At the traffic lights you can't go straight; you can only turn left or right. TURN LEFT. This is Via della Scala and the restricted area starts here.
5) CH is 50 meters down the road on the left-hand side, just opposite the Sandro & Claudia bar.
6) After having left your luggage, remember to park your car in a garage that must deal with removing the ticket fee you automatically get when passing through the restricted area. We suggest the Garage Internazionale, 150 meters from us – ask our Housekeepers how to get there.
Credit card details are required at the time of booking.
If you cancel prior 4 days from your arrival no penalty will be charged. If you cancel after 4 days before the arrival we will charge the amount of 1 night rate, and in case of no-show you will be liable for the entire amount of your booking, which will be charged on your credit card
Please note: rates indicate FROM price for the given period and may differ for higher number of visitors. Rates currency is EUR.
Rates at Casa Howard Florence are per double room per night. Single and triple rates are available on request. Single and triple rates are available on request. Breakfast: hot croissant, fresh juice, jam from our Tuscany farm, toast, caffelatte, fresh fruits served in your room is 15.
VIEW OTHER GREAT BOUTIQUE HOTELS IN THE AREA
Vignamaggio is one of the oldest farming estates in Tuscany, in the hills of Chianti at the source of the Greve River and offers boutique hotel rooms as well as self-catering apartments and farmhouses. Perfect for couples, families and friends looking for a memorable holiday in Tuscany.
Exceptional service, luxury and indulgence are just a few highlights that a stay in the medieval village Il Borro offer guests. Choose between one of the magnificent suites, farmhouses or historic villas and enjoy one of the many activities on offer during your stay in Tuscany.